MTN Colocation Service provides the benefit of an outsourced infrastructure service. It is offered to house and power servers and IT infrastructure in a series of secure and managed Tier-3 data centre within Nigeria. This service provides a place to house production and back-up server, the power to run it, the appropriate cooling and environmental conditions and the network access. What more, MTN collocation service allows for rapid deployment of applications and services.
With MTN Business Colocation Services, you get the following business value:
- Cost savings - By outsourcing, you can save anything from 20% - 70% on your annual IT spend.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) - By sharing resources you save capital costs on data servers; reduce staff overhead; and lower operational expenses previously devoted to energy (cooling and electricity) and floor space.
- Greater agility and response to market - With a more flexible architecture, IT can more quickly respond to changing business demands. In addition to facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared resources (whether data, computational, or network), it can also streamline operational procedures and maintain better control over those resources.
- Focus on your business - By outsourcing, companies can focus on their core business
- Business Continuity - Outsourced data centre services, especially for Disaster recovery and backup hosting provides a guarantee of business continuity in the event of a disaster.
With MTN Business Data Centre Services, you get the following technical benefits:
- Housing and Protecting the Server - Including server location, power and environmental conditions; internet/IP connection; data center capabilities (i.e. raised floors, fire suppression); and firewall or threat management systems
- Monitoring and Tracking the Server - Including any monitoring of operating characteristics (disk space, RAM usage, etc) and the alert messaging system
- Responding and Repairing the Server - Covering any necessary server error services (i.e. troubleshooting and remediation services, part replacement and warranty)
- Preventative Measures - Include IT disaster recovery solutions such as on-site or off-site backup to ensure that the data on the server is always recoverable
For a monthly rental, you are provided highly available IT services while focusing on your core business. MTN’s state of the art facilities guarantees a near 100% availability with built in multi-layer redundancy.
The following features are offered with this service:
- Physical space
- Uninterruptible power delivery
- IP/Internet connections
- Environmental controls (ex. air conditioning and fire suppression)
- Security – 24 x 7 with video monitoring
- Remote hands
- Floor space & equipment optional rack (4U, 21U & 42U)
- Power ( 240V AC , 1 phase, Max 32Amps) *
- LAN/WAN - Gigabit Ethernet /IP MPLS/Internet
- Security - IPSec & Firewall
- Physical security & Access Control (10x5 to 24x7) with video monitoring
- Environmental monitoring & reporting , 99.9% availability
- Remote hands + Auto-notification of prolonged power outage
Available Services and Price Plans
|42U Standard Rack||Order or make enquiries|
|21U Standard Rack||Order or make enquiries|
|15U rack Space||Order or make enquiries|
|4U Rack Space||Order or make enquiries|
|1U Rack Space||Order or make enquiries|
|1 Watt Additional Power (240VAC,32Amps||Order or make enquiries|
|Additional Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet Port||Order or make enquiries|
|Caged Area (per 10.4 square meters)||Order or make enquiries|
MTN Data Center Quick Facts
- Location & Physical Security
- Secure , unmarked location with 24/7 video surveillance only accessible to preauthorized staff
- 1000 square metres of raised floor.
- Energy efficient, air cooled, air conditioning systems assuring ideal environmental conditions required for the performance of servers and IT infrastructure.
- Network Security
- Firewalls & network access controls prevent unauthorized access while eliminating vulnerabilities from any unknown sources.
- Two independent ultra-high bandwidth submarine cables provide international connectivity directly to the MTN Data Centre from any location nationwide, while delivering International Private Leased circuits to locations across the globe.
- Connectivity to MTN IP MPLS fibre network core via multiple fiber links, terrestrial licensed wireless and a high capacity satellite transponder offer adequate redundancy . This provides adequate connectivity to our other data centres , disaster recovery sites as well as numerous locations across Nigeria.
- Two power farms with two UPS plants provide 24x7 power supply. Two independent transformers also provide power supply from separate substations alongside with an onsite reservoir which holds no less than 400,000 litres of diesel at any point in time.